Sewing Parade...Day 5.

Sewing Parade Friday is here and I am a bit sad that I didn't get the "make something for myself " finished. It is cut out, the 9 meters of cut fabric strips are still sitting in a crumpled mess on the sewing room floor, waiting to be ironed into bias binding!

I did however whip up this completely cute Princess and the Pea play set today for a little 5 year old miss, who's birthday party we're going to tomorrow. I hope she likes it!







Don't you think this 'sleeping beauty' fabric is perfect for the Princess' sleeping bag. The pillow you may recognise from my fabric yesterday - it is the fabric I've chosen for my Poppy Tunic.  I really did stick to my 'scraps only' rule in making this.

There is a little green pea, but do you think I could find it, between making it, bathing kids, putting dinner on and coming back to take photos?!! Aaargh. I'll be quicker to make another than hunt...the house...the sewing room...the kids bedrooms...down!  I've just realised her crown is a bit crooked on her head! It's not that I did completely random zig zags in no particular order. I didn't. It is quite symmetrical. I might still put a jewel or two onto it tonight.

This Princess and the Pea is super easy to make. A tutorial for something similar can be found at Sewing in No Mans Land.  Cool name, huh?!  I cut some extras as I went so that we (I) would have one to play with ourselves (myself). I have seen a little bed made to go with it, which would top the cake!

Speaking of cakes, Nathan and I make cake pops today!  Fiddly, not sure I like cake coated in crunchy sprinkles myself, but the kids LOVED them!



 Batter in, lid on...


Spoon licking and  bowl scraping...


Spatula breaking...

 Spatula fixing...


 Finally, some baked deliciousness...not sure why there are four that didn't rise, perhaps more oven time required...maybe too much batter in the mould...



a taste test...pop...into the mouth...


and those that didn't get gobbled up straight away, into completely sugar coated, cake pops!


Worth the effort...still deciding!!

Comments

Popular Posts