SeWIng MAdNesS

That's really the only way to describe what has been going on in my sewing room for the past two weeks. It has consumed much of my days, most of my nights and given me a great deal of satisfaction to achieve so much.

I feel a little like Robin Hood and his band of merry men. Only with women, and we've not been taking things but rather making things. I've been so so fortunate to have such fantastic support from my friends, many of whom have stepped in to help me over the past two weeks from simple things like bringing dinner (we've had our months work of take aways during the past week), minding the kids for a few hours (or all day), ironing interfacing, cutting a bazillion circles, picking up things from shops, taking glorious photographs of the things I've made (no surprises here who that was!), giving me hours and even days of their time. Thank you my dear friends, you know who you all are.

What do I have to show...Here is a sneak peak of what is on offer on Sunday at the Perth Upmarket.

  ...a wild assortment of children's accessories and clothing...




...I am officially taking orders for personalised placemats...




 ... Princess and the Pea...




   ...Super cute, stay on Miss Mary sun bonnets for girls up to 4 years old...





...See-It sacks, both Mini (13cm diameter) and Maxi (30cm diameter) sizes. The Maxi fits perfectly into an Expedit Ikea Cube. Cool, huh! (This it a little one though. I hadn't finished any Maxi sized bags when my photographer took all of these stunning shots.)


 ...and a selection of one-of-a-kind children's clothing.




My poor kids want to keep most of those pants and shorts for themselves! Keegan was having trouble deciding which he'd like me to make for him next week. Dino pants or the puzzle pants...?? Decisions!!

For all my lovely friends, who ask when I'm going to sell things online...the time has come. My Etsy Store is now open, stocked with the bare essentials. What is Etsy? I hear you asking. An online market place. The Toffee Tree shop takes custom orders for personalised placemats, See-it Sacks, one of a kind children's clothing, bonnets, along with whatever else I dream up.

I'll fill it up a little more next week, but I would absolutely love it if you could share your love for me with your family and friends.

You can also like The Toffee Tree on Facebook.

Shop on Etsy.

Follow me on Twitter. Actually not really. I haven't got there yet.

Visit the Perth Upmarket site to see what else you might see on Sunday. 170 stall holders. That's a lot of really cool, Western Australian made stuff. Better still, visit the real thing on Sunday between 10am-4pm at UWA Winthrop Hall. I have lovely outdoor verandah stall adjacent to Winthrop Hall.

Comments

Popular Posts