Robot Girl Geranium Dress






This robot fabric choice was a team effort, Nathan chose it for me to make something for him out of and I thought 'that will make one cool dress'!  I recently bought the Geranium Dress pattern by Made by Rae and have already stitched up a few Geraniums, which will go on the rack at the Perth Upmarket next weekend (yikes!!!), so figured I'd stay on the bandwagon and make a couple more.  The Robot Girl dress is the 18-24 month size, a good fit on Anya at 19 months, but if she gets much bigger around the chest it may be a bit snug.

There was a coordinating tool fabric which 'we' decided to get too, me thinking it would be the skirt to the robot bodice. It was a bit much together, so I went with a plain drill skirt for my Robot Girl. Perhaps not a great decision because it creases mightly easily but on the upside watermelon juice becomes near invisible on it, so maybe it is good? 


Daddy's Little Helper dress is a size 18-24 months. I haven't added the snaps on the back yet, so will position them further out to allow for a 2yo chest (...big shout out to Sam from Booloo Babe here for 'lending' me her snap press! If you're in the market for Modern Cloth Nappies, Sam is super helpful).




I'm not big on ruffles. Some are OK but let's not go overboard, hence why I decided to leave them off these dresses (and I think they look great without them anyway).




I should mention that the purple butterfly and teal elephant geraniums are actually tops, not dresses, which is why they are so much shorter.

Like my little clothing labels? Cute huh!




 

Like how I pointed out my clothing labels, so you didn't notice that the teal elephant top was creased :)

The Geranium Dress is good for swings and slides too, not just running away down the garden path. 



I'll be back tomorrow with another sneak peak of some more little girls and boys clothes for sale at the Perth Upmarket on Sunday 23rd June.

Comments

Popular Posts