Blues and yellows...and daffodil day


Having dabbled (ever so briefly) into knitting. Having admired for some time Loani Prior's tea cosy books. Having decided I'll stick with sewing, I managed to talk my Mum, who is a knitter, into making a couple of tea cosies. She actually met and had a knitting lesson with Loani Prior at the Perth Craft and Quilt Fair. I talked Mum into making the daffodil tea cosy and with Daffodil Day almost upon us, I thought it would be apt to share it now, since she has just finished it!

Daffodil Day is this Friday 23rd August. Is anyone having a Garden Party to raise awareness or donations for Cancer research? Daffodil day helps to grow hope for better treatments, hope for more survivors and hope for a cancer-free future.




 
How clever!

I know it wasn't without moments of shear frustration and unravelling yarn, so we should note that the finished thing looks A.MAZING!
 
I fell in love with this fab little one, so of course being the loving, patient mother she is, she knitted one just for me. It is in regular use keeping my teapot  warm in this chilly winter weather. I momentarily wondered whether a mug cosy could be in order too?





Plus a little bit more blue and yellow from our weekend at the farm.





There is something magical about those yellow canola fields.

Comments

Popular Posts