Tuff Nuts...Tuff Knee Cargo Pants

These are Junior J's pants. Promised for him a whole year ago, around the time of his first birthday. At that time, he got around with one knee-one foot style crawling. Such that the left knee in ALL of his pants wore out. So I thought I'd better make him some with tough knee patches.

I caught him the other day doing the one knee crawl and realised he was still in pants with one worn out knee!  Time to get on to those Tuff Knee Cargos.





So, waddaya reckon? Cool hey! Keegan was slightly disappointed they weren't his (I still need to share my win with his tracky dacks.). He was even more disappointed when I told him I only bought enough trucks material for one pair of pants. Like, why would you do that? I know. Turns out there wasn't even enough to do both pockets. What was I thinking? Next time, I will buy more than a mere fat quarter.


My favourite part of these pants are those groovy knee patches. When Junior J wears a hole in one, you'll see a neat bright blue poking through, just like those roads.   

And the loop to hang a hammer in.  

And the waistband lining.

And the lion buttons. They rock! Plus they were the perfect match for the blue stripes.  Nathan and I had a slight clash over deciding which buttons to put on this shirt. He wanted metal ones. I really only want your opinion kid, when it concurs with mine. Kinda like: It's my way or the highway.

I wasn't totally pleased with the finish on the shirt, but overall pretty happy with my introduction into sewing with knits. I couldn't match the blue in the orange stripe fabric, so went with grey and I think I've managed to pull it off.

Oh, and the name of the pants. I'm still deciding. Any suggestions for these cargos?

Comments

Popular Posts