Farm Days: Treasure Hunt

When the puddles dry up and boredom strikes (again) what do you turn to next? We did a treasure hunt!

This is the second one we have done these holidays. It was pretty basic and just told them what to look for next.


The starting clue...




lead to a birdbath...to a potplant then a platypus...



 ...running around to the back yard...to find an old dozer...


 ...clues in a wheelbarrow with herbs and ...lemons...





 ...under a rock...




 ...the final clue 'tap' was trickier than  I thought it would be. There were 4 or 5 taps that the treasure could have been hidden near, but they still didn't see it...



 ...until I sent their sister to get her Smarties!


They couldn't have done it without her!

The first treasure hunt was a bit of a fizzer, where I sent the boys off to collect various items from around the farm - wheat, canola, wool, gravel, leaves. Keegan wasn't in the mood to do at the time,  for some six-year old reason, but was totally into everything that Nathan and I collected afterwards, like it was the neatest treasure of all time.  So, I thought this second clue-d hunt was a sure winner. But, apparently I didn't stash enough treasure along the way. My bad. Perhaps we'll do another one this week, though the distance to the shops to get more 'treats' may limit our excitement once again.

Comments

  1. No I think you're quite right to save the treasure to the end for persistence and endurance training Shell Bell!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!

Popular Posts