Red and Orange Shorts for Kids Clothes Week


Yesterday and today are rolled into one! I did get my hour of sewing in yesterday (OK OK, more like an hour and a half), just didn't get to my hour of photo uploading and editing and writing etc. I am please to finally say I have had success with Kids Clothes Week and proudly present to you OUTFIT #1. Never mind the fact that there probably wont be outfit #2.



  


Today is 'free dress day' for the last day of school (which now reminds me, I forgot the gold coin! oops!) and the 'theme' is ORANGE, since Harmony Day was celebrated earlier this term. Co-incidentally, I was making red and ORANGE shorts this week, so luckily Keegan had something orange to wear. But Mr Picky wasn't totally satisfied with of orange-ness (or lack of). I did try to explain this when we talked about the orange-stripe-down-the-side-isn't-very-orange on Tuesday, but it obviously wasn't an issue to him them. Living in the here and now. 

So, right here and right now on Thursday morning we have an issue with the lack of orange, the only other orange shirt is long sleeve (and also not very orange) and since it's supposed to be 31C today, I suggested a big splot of orange (just like Mr Plumbean, here) on his shirt but, No. An orange motorbike, Yes. Yay. I can do that at 7.45am. You have 15 minutes. Sure.  Fortunately Keegan had needed a plain black t-shirt for the Edudance concert at school last week, so that was freshly made too (with fresh dried yoghurt from last Friday afternoon).

Fast forward 30min and we have a...



who wanted to ...




and got very excited about...




Never mind those all those bandaids - every boy riding BMX needs war wounds! And actually, the yoghurt doesn't show up at all. How fortunate.



The applique pattern is from Angel Lea Designs - she has a whole bucketload of applique templates for boys and girls. The black tee pattern is the Recess Raglan by See Kate Sew, which I purchased thought the Pattern Anthology shop. I made a size 6, which was just the right size for Keegan, though I think a size 5 with a bit of extra length would still fit him, since he's a pretty skinny kid. The Coastal Cargos by Blank Slate Patterns were made in a size 6 and are a PERFECT fit for him. They are a slim fit, so I did wonder if I should go up a size, but no, these are great. I cut them shorter to make shorts instead of pants (his request), but kept all the pockets and zip fly in the mix. 





Happy enough to give me his best 'model' pose then into the car for school!

Comments

Popular Posts